Being a gnome has its perks. Snazzy felt hat, early access to next season’s hottest lawn ornaments, plus I get to promote my other web sites shamelessly. This is one of those shameless promotions.
Announcing YouMeetInATavern.com’s first contest: “Can You Scare Us?”
With Halloween fast approaching the YMIAT staff wants to be scared! Do you have what it takes to terrify us? Can you design a horrifying monster or villain? If so, enter our “Can You Scare Us?” Halloween contest and you’ll have the chance to win $15 or $25 in gift certificates from RGPNow.com!
Contest Rules & Details:
- You must be a member of YMIAT to participate. Membership is free! Register here!
- All works submitted must be original and must not violate another person’s/company’s copyright.
- All entries must be in the PDF file format.
- All entries must consist of a one page outline for a horror game adventure, and a one to two page monster and/or villain designed with the system of your choice. Entries that are longer than three pages will be disqualified.
- All entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a file attachment. The sender’s email address will be used for contacting the winners.
- All entries must be received no later than October 25th, 2008 by 11:59pm Central Standard Time (USA & Canada). Late entries will not be eligible for prizes.
- The act of submitting an entry grants the YMIAT staff permission to redistribute your entry under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States license.
- The YMIAT staff will judge all entries in private and announce the winners on October 30th, 2008 at 12:00pm Central Standard Time (USA & Canada). Entries will be judged based on how scary the proposed scenario is and the overall quality of the submission.
- The First Prize winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to RGPNow.com. The Second Prize winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to RGPNow.com.
- All contest entries will be made freely available to the public on October 26th, 2008.
We look forward to reading all of your submissions, and good luck to all who enter the contest!
PS YMIAT is not associated with RPGNow.com in any way. I just happen to like shopping there.
Sounds awesome! I’m no good at horror, but I might have to give this a try, anyway.
I would suggest allowing .rtf or .txt entries in addition to pdf. I remember how much of a hassle it was to find a decent pdf converter when I was working on my WoAdWriMo adventure.
@Swordgleam – Try PDFCreator, which acts like a virtual printer on your system.
Probably going to toss my hat in the ring…
Is there a limit on the number of entries one person can submit?…
I second using PDFCreator, and if you have Office 2007 there is a MS plugin that allows for you to save docs as a PDF. Also, OpenOffice allows for you to save docs as PDFs natively.
As for number of entries, there is no limit to how many a single person may submit.
@Kurt “Telas” Schneider – I use PDFReDirect, which I think is pretty much the same thing. I just remember that it took me hours to find it.
PDF reDirect is fine too, but I prefer PDFCreator because (like Telas said) you just select it as your printer when you want a PDF.
As for why I want PDFs only, well it saves us a lot of work with the distribution of the entries following the contest. We want gamers to be able to use these entries for their games, and PDF is the best choice for that IMO.