The Gnome Stew 2017 Guest Article Push!
Gnome Stew is looking to increase the range and breadth of articles we showcase on the site and we’d love to have your voice included! We are launching a campaign to pull in multiple guest articles to use on the site in the future! You don’t have to be a master GM or a super experienced gamer to have your voice heard. People with all levels of role playing experience are welcome to join in on the fun. We want interesting articles and to bring new blood into writing and talking about gaming. We pay a set rate for guest articles, just shy of what our staff gnomes make from our Patreon. If you’ve got an article in mind, we would love to have you pitch it to us!
Here are a few things we’d be really excited to have!
- Articles about independent games or cool things going on in gaming.
- Articles by diverse writers. We’d love to showcase nerdy voices in communities that aren’t represented as well. Articles by diverse writers don’t have to be about diversity, we just want to make sure there is a platform for everyone who wants to have a voice.
- Articles that highlight positive trends in gaming for our Gnome Spotlight series.
- Articles that are reviews of interesting and unique products (cannot be a product you make).
- We’d also love to have someone on staff with the time and inclination to do reviews. Reviews take a more substantial chunk of time to do, and we get many requests for them, but getting them done in a timely, accurate, and fair manner takes some effort.
- Articles about making props, terrain, and other cool gaming options. Teach other gamers how to do the cool things with games that you do at your table!
- Articles from game developers about creating games (design diaries). We want to avoid articles that are only about promoting your game, but articles that talk about creating games or unique elements that would be interesting to the audience would be great and can of course promote your game, but they have to have an interesting angle for the end reader.
- PLEASE NOTE: You don’t need to be an experienced writer who has done this all before to submit a guest article. We’ll help you by doing some editing and sending it back for revision with notes. We’re super interested in getting more voices heard. So if you have a great idea, we’ll do what we can to help you get it out there.
We use guest articles to fill in gaps in our schedule, but we hope to pull in enough guest articles to fill more days of the week with content. So, if you’ve got an article you’ve always wanted to write, submit it through the guest article form below. If you have questions, submit them to email@example.com.
Write Guest Articles For Gnome Stew
Want to write for Gnome Stew? We accept guest articles, and we’d love to hear your pitch.
Here’s a bit more context around why we dig guest articles. You can also read our first guest article, Don’t Waste My Time: Tips for Keeping Your Games Moving, and check out all articles by guest authors.
How to Submit an Article Proposal
- Fill out the Article Proposal Form below.
Fill in the relevant details, elevator pitch, and the article outline.
- Wait for a reply.
We’ll respond as soon as possible, but don’t panic if it takes a little while.
- Write the article if it’s accepted.
We’ll let you know if we’re accepting the article, if we need some changes, or if it doesn’t quite fit the Stew’s tone over email. We’ll then put you through a secret ritual (and by ritual we mean webform) where you can write your final article and format it.
- We’ll review the article.
We’ll review the article and make minor edits, graphical tweaks, or we’ll ask you to make changes yourself and resubmit it.
- We’ll schedule the article.
Then we’ll schedule the article in our guest article queue. We use guest articles to fill gaps, add extra content during peak times, or because they are relevant to a certain time constraint.
That’s the process! It doesn’t matter whether this is the first thing you’ve ever written about gaming or the 500th, or whether you’re an RPG blogger, professional writer, or just a gamer who enjoys gaming blogs — if you have a good idea, and you can convey it well, we’re interested!
By submitting an article proposal, you grant Gnome Stew the unlimited, non-exclusive right to publish your article on GnomeStew.com in perpetuity. That means you can post or otherwise use your article elsewhere, but we can keep it posted here forever.