Join Head Gnome John for a series of short interviews with attendees at Gen Con 2018 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Settle in for a bonus-sized episode!
Download:Â Gen Con 2018
The interviews in this episode include:
- A quick chat with long-time Gen Con attendee Lorraine and also local bartender Jameson, both at the nearby Loughmiller’s Pub.
- Another quick chat with game industry veteran Tony Law.
- Caleb Stokes of Hebanon Games talks about his ENnie-nominated game, Red Markets.
- Dave Chalker of Critical Hits discusses the upcoming Sentinel Comics: the Roleplaying Game. As of the publication of this episode, the full game is not yet released, but the starter kit is available now!
- Brennan Taylor of Galileo Games talks about his game Bulldogs!, the recently released supplement for it, People of the Zone, and his upcoming historical samurai game Thousand Arrows.
- Rich Howard speaks with John about the upcomingÂ Descent Into Midnight, the underwater adventure RPG that Rich is helping develop.
- Brian Engard and Anna Meade of Blue Gables Publishing & Consulting chat with John about the new edition of the game Becoming (coming soon!) as well as the recently released (to Kickstarter backers) dark futureÂ Uprising RPG from Evil Hat Productions. Uprising is set to be available to the public next month.
- Eloy Lasanta of Third Eye Games catches up with John about what it’s like to be a convention GM for Third Eye and also about his upcoming release of Part-Time Gods Second Edition. Check out the preview available now!
- Craig Campbell of Nerdburger Games discusses his Prohibition-era superhero RPG CAPERS, available soon.
- James Introcaso of World Builder Blog and the Don’t Split the Podcast Network talks about the new announcement about Burn Bryte, a game he’s helping develop exclusively for Roll20.
- Chris Spivey of Darker Hue Studios talks about his multiple ENnie Awards wins for Harlem Unbound as well as the new sci-fi line he’s developing for Chaosium.
- Derek Knutsen-Frey and Daniel Knutsen-Frey discuss Palegain Press‘ Universal Storytelling System and its upcoming module,Â Flower of Heaven: Shrine of the Fallen Heroes. There’s still time to back the Flower of HeavenÂ Kickstarter!
- Jacob McEntire of Flying NightBear Games talks about his upcoming gameÂ Beyonder. Kickstarter coming soon; keep an eye on theÂ Beyonder website for news!
- Nicole Liberty catches John up on the happenings at the Indie Game Developer Network booth at Gen Con.
- Wayne Johnson shows off his new product GRIDSCAPE fresh off Kickstarter and available to the public soon from Battleboard Games!
- Tristan Zimmerman talks about Molten Sulfer Blog, a source of gameable inspiration from real history!
- Jacqueline Bryk talks about the importance of safety tools and mechanics and her work on them in Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
Check out John at johnarcadian.com.
Want some bonus bonus content?
Gnome Stew frequent guest author Keith Garrett was at Gencon with his camera and took a bunch of pictures!Â Here’s a photo album of some of the sites of Gencon 2018!