It’s that time of year again when Gen Con rolls around and calls gamers of all sorts to Indianapolis, Indiana for a solid week of gaming fun. Gnome Stew is, of course, not immune to the siren’s song of GenÂ Con and many of the Gnomes are going to be thereÂ running games, giving seminars, and doing awesome things. You know what is really cool about that? If you are there, we can meet up and get to know some of our readers! We also might be carrying some goodies to give out to any readers who come find us, so feel free to ask any random person if they have something for you from Gnome Stew. You’ll probably do better asking actual Gnomes, but we like seeing confused looks on people’s faces.
Here is where you can find some of the Gnomes at GenÂ Con!
- Ang will be arriving in Indy on Wednesday and doing the usual arrival shenanigans: checking into the hotel, picking up a badge, and greeting long lost gaming friends once again. At some point, there will be the traditional arrival dinner at The Ram. Because traditions are important.
- From 12pm to 4pm, Ang will be running Lone Wolf for Cubicle 7 in the convention center where all of Cubicle 7’s games are being held.
- After that might be some time wandering the dealer’s hall, but she’ll also be meeting up with friends to meet the newest gamer addition to their family. He’s about six months old, so not allowed to handle dice yet.
- At 7pm, she’ll be attending Misdirected Mark’s Play Better Games Damn It event, because #chatroom4life. As if you needed any other reason.
- Ang will be a bit of a free agent on Friday. There are some tentative games scheduled to be played, a seminar or two to be attended, and then hanging out with fellow Gnomes in the evening.
- From 4pm to 8pm, Ang will be running another session of Lone Wolf, again in the Cubicle 7 room in the convention center. Around that, there might be some games squeezed in, and there will definitely be socializing happening.
- Ang will be running one last session of Lone Wolf for Cubicle 7 in the convention center from 12pm to 4pm. As it’s a Sunday game, there may be openings if you want to try and get in with generics. After that, it’ll be one last dinner with con friends, and then farewells until Gen Con 2017. (I’m already sad it’s over even before it’s begun.)
Chris Sniezak (also of Misdirected Mark Productions)
- Wednesday folks can find me at Loughmiller’s pub for a bit for the IGDN social at 6pm and then either at Â the RPG Academy event ZED16102815 or the Diana Jones awards at the Cadillac Ranch.
- Thursday I’ll be in the press line getting my press pass sometime around 7 am and then I’ll be on the floor grabbing interviews from folks from 9 am till 10 am. After that I’ll be set up recording interviews near the IGDN rooms and Games on Demand in the Marriott from noon till 4 pm.
- Finally that evening I’ll be running Misdirected Mark’s Play Better Games Damn it Panel at Crowne Plaza: Conrail at 7pm and then after we’ll be moseying over to the Tow Yard Brewing Company. I have no reservation or anything like that so it’ll just be showing up and having a drink or two and socializing with the MMP crew that’s in town and can make it.
- Friday I’ll be doing more interviews in the Marriott between 9 am and 2 pm. Please feel free to stop by and say hi when I’m not in the middle of an interview. At 3 pm I’m gonna try and make my way over to Senda and Emily talking about Prepping for Rules Light games, SEM1689926, and then that evening I’ll be at the ENnies in Union Station.
- Saturday I’m running some Dungeon World from 10 am to 2 pm and then it’s more interview time from 4 pm to 7 pm at the Marriott.
- Sunday it’s interview time from 9 am till 1 pm at the Marriott.
Darcy will be running around, looking frantic, but will likely end up at Scotty’s most evenings to unwind and enjoy her traditional Gnome Brew, the secrets of which you can learn, if you go and visit her! Here are some of the events, panels, and games with remaining tickets where you can find her:
- 9pm: Attending the Diana Jones awards (Cadillac Ranch), as ConTessa is nominated for an award!
- Noon: Panelist for Monte Cook Games on GMing in the Cypher System (Crowne Plaza Victoria Stn A/B)
- 6-10pm ConTessa’s Big Amazing Game Night (ICC : 141–142)
- Running around, running AD&D 2e Planescape, enjoying ConTessa panels like Exploring the Creative Process (1pm, SEM1692540) and Prepping for Rules Light Games (3pm, SEM1689926), and then joining fellow Gnomes at the ENnies!
- Darcy travels back in time to become a kid gnome again, with a bunch of kids games, a panel on running RPGs with kids, and playing in a Star Wars RPG!
- 8am to noon: Helping with the amazing Saturday Morning Cartoons games run by ConTessa and Playground Adventures. Come join us at 8am & 10am for a bunch of great kid- and parent-friendly games like No Thank You Evil, Ponyfinder, D&D 5th ed, Hero Kids, and Pugmire! Tickets still available!
- 4pm-5pm: Moderating a ConTessa panel on RPGs with Kids (SEM1693883), with designer panelists Shanna Germain and Lynne Hardy, arts educator John Harness, and YouTuber James Walls with his 12-year old daughter Carrie, will have co-GMed with Darcy earlier in the week!
- Cosplaying a Twi’lek and GMing for a big coordinated Cypher System game of scrappy space rebels infiltrating the base of the overbearing, fairly evil ruling empire!
For most of GenÂ Con (mornings at least) you can find me doing tech work in the Monte Cook Games booth (#1935). If you see me in pants, something has gone horribly wrong. It’s kilt’s all the way, and pants on me are a sign that at least 3 seals of the gnomepocalypse have been broken. Guaranteed places you can find me:
- Wednesday night I’ll be delivering some gnome goodies to people around 4pm in the Marriott Starbucks area right north of the convention center. (The 350 w. Maryland Marriott, because there are 7 Marriotts downtown).
- After that I’ll be heading to the IGDN social at Loughmiller’s pub at 6pm. If you go to that, you can get a drink called Gnome Punch, which is as dangerous as it sounds.
- The Diana Jones awards may finally pull me over to them, especially if Chris has fed me too much Gnome Punch. That’s at Cadillac ranch at 9:00 pm.
- At 2pm, you can come play in a game I’m running. It’s Part Time Gods Of Fate, where you get to be a demi-god and deal with godly problems (which are way better than mortal problems). That will be at Indie Games on Demand at the Marriott Ballroom 7.
- At 7pm, I’ll be over at the Crown Plaza Conrail to check out Play Better Games Dammit with the Misdirected Mark crew.
- On Friday night, after presiding over the annual Gnome Stew ENnies dinner and being regaled with stories by Billie the Waiter, much of the Gnome Stew crew will be over at the ENnies at 7:30pm or so. That’s a great place to find us and socialize.
- ON Saturday, I’ve been told I’ll be playing in a One Shot Podcast game with James D’amato from 11am to 3pm.
- After that I’ll likely be at the MCG seminar handling some tech stuff.
- Sunday will be a bit of wandering around and checking out the dealer hall, or at the MCG booth. If there is a pokestop nearby, I’ll be setting a lure all day, so swing by, say hi, and catch a ratta.
Phil will be wearing many hats at Gen Con so you can find him in a number of contexts and venues. Mostly he will be out and about checking out the Dealers Room or over at Games on Demand. But there are a few places you canÂ find him not roaming around…
- RPG Academy event ZED16102815
Phil is bringing a bunch of games to possibly run. The likes of which include: Fiasco, Action Movie World, Swords Without Master, and Lasers & Feelings. He will also bring the Encoded Designs dice game, Relic Hunters, to demo.
- Play Better Games, Dammit! SEM1686496
Phil is wearing his Podcaster hat as he, Chris, and the rest of the Misdirected Mark Network give some GMing advice about running games and finding that best game for you. After the talk, there are rumors there will be an After-Seminar taking place at a near-by watering hole.
- Red Water Blues RPG1687790
With his game designer hat on, Phil is running Encoded’s newest gameÂ in development, aÂ game of Cyberpunk Robin Hoods stealing water from the rich to give to the poor.
- Rules Light Game Panel SEM1689926
Senda and Emily from She’s a Super Geek wereÂ nice enough to let Phil crash this seminar. Mostly Phil is there to take notes from two pros, when it comes to rules-light games.
- The ENnies
As a Gnome, Podcaster, and Author, watch Phil sit nervously as his categories are read out. But really just come over and say hi. He will likely need the distraction.
- Phil will be just wandering around. Look around, you might see him.
- Red Water Blues RPG1687791
Running one more session of Encoded’s newest game in development.
- Senda starts Wednesday night with the RPG Academy meet and greet game night: ZED16102815.
- Thursday, she’ll be running Magical girls One Last Job 6-10pm for ConTessa’s Big Amazing Game Night (ICC : 141—142).
- Senda will be on the RPG Academy Network Panel Friday morning at 9 (SEM1686145 Crowne Plaza : Grand Central Ballroom B), running a panel with co-hosts Emily and Phil on prepping for rules light games Friday at 3 (SEM1689926 Crowne Plaza : Grand Central Ballroom B), and at the ENnies Friday night.
- Saturday she’ll be playing games and supporting fellow podcasters at the podcasting meet and greet in the morning and the One Shot Annual panel at 6 pm.
- Keep your eyes open for some off the books Sunday morning games – catch her on twitter to see what the plan is @idellamithlynnd!
So, now that you know where you can find us, where can we find you? What cool things are you doing at GenÂ Con that everyone should know about? Let us know in the comments!