The Stew has teamed up with Fear the Boot and Engine Publishing to bring you a charity auction to support the March of Dimes!
We’ve put together what we think is a pretty awesome package of goodies for this auction:
- One copy of Eureka in softcover, plus the PDF.
- One of the final copies of Masks in hardcover, plus the PDF.
- Be a gnome or command a gnome: Either write the first-ever guest article on Gnome Stew (subject to review), or command us to write a system-neutral GMing article for you which will appear on Gnome Stew, your choice.
- Online game with Patrick Benson: Gnome Stew’s own Patrick Benson will run an online game you and your friends based on Eureka and Masks.
- One black-and-white character portrait by Christopher Reach, the cover artist and one of the interior artists on Masks.
- One black-and-white portrait of your adventuring party by Christopher Reach.
100% of the profits go to the March of Dimes, a great charity that helps moms have full-term pregnancies and give birth to healthy babies. We’re proud to be able to support them, so we pulled out every stop we could think of for this auction.
Shipping anywhere in the world is free, and won’t impact your bid or the money that gets donated to charity.
I hope you’ll take a look, spread the word, and consider placing a bid.
As the father of someone who benefited directly from the March of Dimes research and advances, I want to thank you. Sadly, my son passed away due to severe surgical complications a little over 5 years ago, but if it weren’t for the MoD, we wouldn’t have even had the 33 days we *did* have with our baby boy. Since he passed away, myself, my wife, and our friends and families have become staunch MoD supporters and fundraisers, so this warms my heart.
Thank you, and good luck!
@DrummingDM – My condolences for your loss, DrummingDM. I can only imagine what that would be like, and only incompletely. That you look at the days you had instead of the days you didn’t says a lot about you as a father.
@DrummingDM – Thank you for sharing that with us and the world. You have my condolences as well. Your words are humbling, and a reminder as to how we must be charitable to each other with the time that we have.
Looking at the auction, is it only to people in the USA? The ships to option seem to only be for in USA?
@raistlin50201 – I’ve asked Fear the Boot to update the auction listing — we’re happy to ship the books anywhere in the world for free.
Depending on timezone, I can see the virtual game being tricky to schedule, but I know Patrick will do his best wherever the winner winds up being.
The portraits will be digital, so no worries there. Ditto with writing/commanding an article.
Sorry about that mix-up! International bidders welcome. 🙂
The winning bid was awesome: $200! Thanks to everyone who bid, and especially to our winner (who I won’t out here unless they want me to).