The terms of the Game Notion Open Mention Edition License Version 1.0a are as follows:
GAME NOTION OPEN MENTION EDITION License Version 1.0a
The following text is the property of Gnome Stew, and is Copyright 2023 Gnome Stew. All Rights Reserved. This text is to be released to the public via official channels on May 1, 2023, but may be leaked through the secret side gates of Gnome Stew’s kitchen on April 1, 2023.
- Definitions: (a)”Contributors” means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Mention Content; (b)”Derivative Material” means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other gnome languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) “Distribute” means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit, mention, or otherwise distribute; (d)”Open Mention Content” means the mentioning of a game in any context. This includes, but is not limited to, verbal, written, sign language, telepathy, morse code, smoke signals, social media posts, live streams, podcasts, and any media, mundane or magical, that currently exists or has yet to be invented or researched. All mentions of any games are considered to be enhancements to the prior art and any additional mentions clearly identified as Open Mention Content by the Contributor, and means any mentions covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under gnomish mentions law, but specifically excludes Gnome’s Secret Identities. (e) “Gnome’s Secret Identities” includes all secret and private information held by Gnome Stew. This includes where the ladder out of the stew pot is hidden, how to open the secret escape hatch at the bottom of the stew pot, how to properly spell Senda’s Mastodon and TikTok handle, how many dice Matt Neagley truly owns, where the kobold bodies are buried, the true structure of Phil’s DNA, how many negative reviews Jared has avoided publishing, how many houseplants Angela owns, and how many novels J.T. has in the trunk. Mentions of these secrets in any manner to any person constitutes a violation of the Game Notion Open Mention Edition. (f) “Gnomemark” means the pointed hats, lederhosen, dirndl, small shovels, large picks, and oversized nose warmers that identify the Gnome Stew staff. (g) “Use”, “Used” or “Using” means to mention, talk about, telepathically send information about, wink while mentioning, translate, and otherwise mention Derivative Material of Open Mention Content. (h) “You” or “Your” means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
- The License: This License applies to any Open Mention Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Mention Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Mention Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Mention Content distributed using this License. In other words, if you mention something about gaming, others are allowed to mention it, too, but everyone mentioning gaming must adhere to this License.
- Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Mention Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
- Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, multiverse-wide, royalty-free (though we may, at our whim, charge royalties at a later date), non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Mention Content.
- Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are talking about games in an original manner as Open Mention Content, You represent that Your Mentions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
- Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Mention Content You are mentioning, talking about, translating, or telepathically transmitting, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder’s name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Mention Content you Distribute.
- Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Gnome Secret Identities, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Gnome Secret Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Mention Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Gnome Secret Identity in Open Mention Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Gnome Secret Identity. The owner of any Gnome Secret Identity used in Open Mention Content shall retain all secrets to that Gnome Secret Identity.
- Identification: If you talk about Open Mention Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the mention you are distributing are Open Mention Content.
- Updating the License: Gnome Stew or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Mention Content originally distributed under any version of this License. This shall remain true in perpetuity unless we change our minds at Gnome Stew and revoke this irrevocable license and replace it with another version.
- Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Mention Content You Distribute.
- Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Mention Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
- Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Mention Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Mention Material so affected.
- Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License. This License will also self-destruct 23 years after its initial release. Like a phoenix, it shall rise from the ashes and be rewritten by kobold attorneys and goblin executives without consideration, regard, consultation, or care for the mention community that will inevitably build itself this License.
- Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed like a recently-dead corpse after an Animate Dead spell is cast upon it.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE Game Notion Open Mention Edition License v1.0a Copyright 2023, Gnome Stew.