With Worldwide Adventure Writing Month kicking off yesterday, I figured now would be a good time for a roundup of the various adventure writing tips and tools that have been posted on TT over the years.
If you’re stuck or just need some advice and inspiration, see if any of these grab you. From the blog:
- Adventure Writing Tips from Dungeon
- Adventures Ripped from the Headlines
- Create Adventures and NPCs Around a Focal Scene
- Robin Laws on Linear Adventures
- Scenario Creation Basics
- Scenario-Writing Tips from Craft (Adventures)
- Squeeze Out Tasty Adventure Icing
- The Buffy Principles
- Tips for Creating Scenarios and Story Arcs
- Tips on Writing Adventures
- Writing Adventures Like TV Episodes, and Time Loops
- Writing Adventures the Wolfgang Baur Way
From the forums:
- Adventure templates?
- GM adventure preparation checklist
- Good luck + RPG Plot List
- Guidelines for a One-Shot
And the wiki:
Any tools you’d like to add to the list?